On the basis of the set of documents provided by WP2 Lead the CS will prepare an open calls documents. The final version of all documents will be provided to the EC RTD Fission Unit through a restricted communication channel.
Once finalized, the call documents will be kept confidential. The JCS will be responsible for drafting and finalizing all necessary call documents as well as collecting the necessary information. The documents include:
- The Call Text, which specifies the aim and topic of the call, the application procedure (including deadlines), the evaluation procedure as well as other financial and legal issues including intellectual property and open access publication. In addition the funded research projects will be required to follow PIANOFORTE policies and guidelines.
- The Governance of the Call and Evaluation document, which describes in detail steps and rules of the call for proposals, especially the evaluation and selection process.
- Guidelines for applicants, which describe the administrative details of the application procedure and include country specific information from different national funding agencies.
- Proposal templates for full proposal stage.
- For the experts/reviewers/peer review panel: declaration of commitment, a declaration concerning confidentiality of information and a declaration of interests.
In addition to these documents, the task leader will provide an electronic submission and evaluation system for the calls.
The call for proposals will be published on the PIANOFORTE open R&I Call website, Funding & Tenders Portal as well as, simultaneously, on chosen communication channels aiming to ensure appropriate information coverage for the scientific communities concerned. If feasible and necessary, a call pre-announcement will be published to maximize the early mobilization of the radiation protection research community.
The date of publication will be set in consultation with EC RTD Fission Unit and in agreement with the Coordinator and WP 7 Leader.
The EC will be duly notified of the call and its content at least 30 days before the expected date of publication.
The call will be opened for the submission of proposals for at least 2 months. It is anticipated that the Open calls will be launched at months 10, 22 and 34.