Pianoforte Call 2023: Selected projects presentation
The projects chosen for funding during Pianoforte's 1st open call were presented during a meeting on December 6th
, 2023, in Budapest (Hungary).
As a reminder, 3 main research topics were selected for the PIANOFORTE Partnership open call 2023:
- Topic 1: Developing a knowledge base for a better understanding of disease pathogenesis of ionising radiation-induced cancer to improve risk assessment.
- Topic 2: Individualised diagnostic as well as therapeutic procedures with regard to optimisation of the benefit/risk ratio.
- Topic 3: Development of risk assessment and risk management approaches and technological capabilities to cope with scenarios arising from threats due to war or armed conflicts situations or natural disasters taking into consideration social, ethical, and legal issues.
24 research project proposals were received, representing more than 100 different organizations. After a thorough evaluation process by a review panel of 16 international experts, the winning projects were approved by the Executive Board and the General Assembly of PIANOFORTE on December 6th
, 2023. The 9 projects selected for funding are:
- For Topic 1:
- DISCOVER - Dissecting radIation effectS into the Cerebellum micrOenVironmEnt driving tumour pRomotion.
- For Topic 2:
- SONORA - Towards safe, optimized and personalized radiology and radiotherapy procedures for pregnant patients.
- LutADose - Personalized dosimetry to improve the clinical outcome of prostate cancer patients treated with 177Lu/225Ac-PSMA targeted therapies.
- VERIFIED - In vivo patient-specific real-time dosimetry for adaptive radiotherapy.
- IMAGEOMICS - Optimizing Benefit/Risk Ratio in Breast Cancer Diagnosis and Radiotherapy: Identifying Molecular, Cellular and Imaging Signatures of Breast Cancer Heterogeneity to Improve Personalized Therapeutic Strategies for Synergistic Treatment Combinations.
- IMMPRINT - Integrated molecular Imaging for Personalized Biomarker-based Breast Cancer Characterization and Treatment.
- For Topic 3:
- RRADEW - Resilience to RADiological Events in Wartime.
- CITISTRA - Citizen measurements as complementary radiation monitoring strategy in threats due to armed conflict or natural disasters.
- PREDICT - ImPRovements in atmospheric dispErsion moDellIng and proteCTive action strategies in case of nuclear detonations.
For more information about each project, download the presentations of the meeting (PDF file)
As said by Jean-Christophe Gariel (IRSN), Project Coordinator of the PIANOFORTE Partnership, this presentation meeting was a very interesting and productive session with rich scientific exchanges between the projects and the room, to be continued in the months to come. Photo legend:
Participants of the General Assembly of PIANOFORTE. ©HUN-REN Centre for Energy Research. 12/2023.